Open up those detoxing pathways!
During luteal phase 2 (the 7-5ish days before your period) you really want to get your detox pathways firing up. The two main guys are your gut and liver!
To ensure efficient estrogen metabolism, your gut & liver break down & discard excess hormones it doesn’t require in order to prevent estrogen from accumulating & getting recycled back in the body.
If our detox pathways are a bit sluggish & we don’t rid our bodies of the excess, then the nasty PMS symptoms show up like bloating, hormonal imbalances, issues with fertility, mood swings, lower body pain, skin issues, fatigue, etc.
WHAT CAN WE FOCUS ON DURING THIS PHASE:
- 🥕 Raw carrot salad that contains a specific fiber to usher out excess estrogen (see recipe)
- 🫐 Blueberries, raspberries, cranberries contain antioxidants called polyphenols, which help protect the liver from damage and can increase its antioxidant capability.
- 🥬 Bitter foods and herbs such as arugula, dandelion tea, nettle tea, are particularly helpful for digestion and liver function. It can also help reduce sugar cravings (which is very common during the luteal phase), which will reduce the toxic burden that sugar puts on your system.
- 🥦 Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage, which contain a compound called sulforaphane, a powerful antioxidant that can support estrogen metabolism in the liver and being high in fiber, keep the gut healthy and moving, bye bloat!
- 🍹 Pass on the booze especially during this phase. Your liver needs to concentrate on keeping you healthy, not digesting the 3 glasses of wine you had.
Dry brushing, castor oil packs, MOVEMENT like walking to prevent stagnation and promote digestion!
Join GWF to get your body firing up for efficiency and vitality!